Monday, September 19, 2016

Apex plugin - international phone item

Apex international phone plugin


I have an app where it will need customer to type in their cell phone numbers, Since the customer can be anywhere in the planet, it's a little harder to validate the phone # folks typed in.

Luckily I found this wonderful jquery plugin(intltelinput, you can find the plugin here https://github.com/jackocnr/intl-tel-input). 

I played with it and decided to write a Apex Plugin so that I can reuse it in my app:

1. it will decide your default country based on your laptop's IP address.
2. You can choose a country from the list
3. The plugin will return both the country code and the cell phone # so the item itself will have the format  like +country_code+cell phone number, although you just need to type in your cell phone #
4. It will validate the number you typed in based on the country you are in.

Here is the plugin:

4 comments:

  1. how i can get the extinction for country in oracle apex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good day, I tried to make this work, but can't be used on two page item, please can you kindly help

    ReplyDelete